You have a beautiful yard, you just don’t have the time or ability to make it as gorgeous as it can be. You could just do a quick Google search and hire the first business that pops up. But you deserve a competent company that can offer you the best service possible.
That’s what you’re paying them for, right?
Here are the questions to ask before hiring a lawn and landscape service:
1. What Kind of Lawn and Landscape Service Do I Want?
Not all lawn and landscape services are the same.
You want to choose one that can perform the services your lawn requires.
That means you need to answer a few questions yourself before you start your search.
Here are 4 questions to ask yourself before starting a lawn and landscape service search:
- How much of the yard will they be responsible for? What parts will I (if any) be responsible for?
- Do I currently have the materials and tools to care for any part of my lawn? Which parts?
- Do I have the time or talent to perform any lawn care tasks to my own personal satisfaction?
- Do I enjoy taking care of any part of my lawn? If so, which parts?
- Is there something special about my yard that may require extra attention?
Often people have special conditions to their yard that require extra attention. Such as:
- Lawn Ornaments and Furniture
- Lawn Condition
- Organic Garden
It’s important to find the right lawn and landscape service who can handle all your needs.
2. What Kinds of Services Does the Lawn and Landscape Service Offer?
You’ve asked yourself some questions so you know what you need.
But you’re not done asking questions.
Here are the questions you need to ask each and every perspective lawn and landscape service before you hire them:
- How Long Have You Been in Business?: You want a company that has been in business for awhile and has acquired a reputable reputation.
- What Types of Services Do You Offer? If they can’t provide you with everything you need, keep searching.
- Do You Have Specialists on Staff? You want to make sure they have a staff. Then you want to make sure they have someone who can help you if you need a tree removed from your property. Look for a company who has horticulturists and arborists working for them.
- Do You Provide a Guarantee? Look for a company who offers a 2-5 year guarantee for their work. It’s also smart to ask about a separate warranty for plants.
- Are They Bonded & Insured? Make sure they have workman’s comp. You want to find a company who can afford to be insured fully in case anything goes wrong.
- What’s the Installation Process? Any company worth hiring will be happy to lay out a schedule and a plan for you to see.
For the installation process you’ll want to know:
- How will they build the project?
- What materials will they use?
- What equipment will be used?
It’s important to feel fully comfortable with the lawn and landscape service company you choose.
Perth Gardening provides lawn and landscape services. Let us know what services you require and we’ll get back to you with more details.